Main Forum

Changes, discussions and more!

3 replies
Votes:
+5
PteB
So with the addition of the FFAA mod, we see a lot of wicked equipment being added.

On top of this, Bohemia released their Encore update! The new carrier and AA systems look wild!

This means a few changes for those of us in the unit, primarily how I will build and plan missions. I already have the next 1-2 months planned out in keeping in line with our unit and our story. But now I can add some more dynamic situations, especially for Air Det (don't worry O'Dell, you won't be bored.)

AA Systems: They won't be implemented immediately. I will have to sit down with Air Det and see how compatible our mods are for the long range missiles and work together the become proficient with it before I start adding radar and SAM sites. However, expect standard AA to still be used in the same context.

USS LIBERTY: Bohemia's new destroyer class ship is quite nice, and well built. That being said, the FFAA Offshore Patrol Boat is still more relevant to how we work (and it's prettier). The new destroyer is MASSIVE, with a HUGE interior. I see an opportunity for this and added one with pop-up targets inside and on the decks to the training server. I plan to use this to work on close quarters work, and practice assaults on small objectives with Air Det.

Missile pods and naval weaponry: Should we decide to add these to our forces inventory, they will be zeus controlled. But they may add for an interesting addition to how we conduct business. Before you start jumping for joy and planning on calling in a naval fire storm, there's plenty that we need to accomplish. First and foremost, learning how it works best and seeing what it can do. Second of all, whether we actually want to implement it or not. This will all come later obviously.

RECRUITING: Good job on those of you who were able to bring people into the unit. The more the merrier. The bonus of growing and expanding is I am EXTREMELY limited in what I can do for objective and mission building. Though I am sure we would find a way to wipe a battalion plus in one sitting, it also has the high possibility of going extremely wrong. The more we recruit, the more intricate and detailed I can make the missions. More targets and more dynamics are always better! Recruit your friends, check the reddit post, and most importantly go onto your Arma launcher and join the unit. This should help boost our standings on Bohemia's units web page. I know I'm just as bad for the Pub server as anyone else, but try to recruit those there.

IDEA FACTORY: I am always prone to writers blocks. If you want to see something added to the missions or even the training server, ask me! Same goes if there's something you want to see less of. I'm not a mission dictator, and aim to build my missions to be as dynamic and multi-angled as possible! Giving me ideas is a huge bonus because it's less I have to think. And we all know I hate thinking.

Feel free to add to this post!

If you are new, checking our web page, sign up! You're free to add to this post, ask questions, or even hop in to TeamSpeak and chat with us! If were not online, I will get back to you on here, or someone else will beat me to it!
Attached Images
Posted Aug 3, 18 · OP
Votes:
+4
PteB
Link to reddit post please?

I haz ideas but they're probably on the more intricate side that would require many phases of battle before being able to truly invade the lands death.
Posted Aug 6, 18
Votes:
+5
PteB
https://www.reddit.com/r/FindAUnit/comments/8brt15/a3recruitingjoint_task_force_phoenixnaeurelaxed/
Posted Aug 7, 18 · OP
Votes:
+4
PteB
While it's in another post, I'll put it here too. I created a Twitch Community page for us to gather our streams to a single page.
https://www.twitch.tv/communities/joint_task_force_phoenix
Posted Aug 28, 18
NoticeNotices